On Saturday, April 24th at 4:00 PM Eastern, our directors will deliver a live-stream presentation via Zoom, introducing students and parents to the outstanding educational programs of the National Children’s Chorus. All applicants will then sign up for a private video audition with one of our conductors during the following week. Instructions will be e-mailed to all applicants following registration to set up your individual audition appointment.
In the Senior Division, students ages 10-17 refine their musical skills to a superlative standard and will participate in an exciting array of virtual performances, presenting world premieres and collaborating with an exceptional roster of professional artists from around the world. Online courses are taught by the country’s leading music educators in individualized small groups. The Senior Division of the National Children’s Chorus consists of the Debut Ensemble, Premier Ensemble, and Scholars (SATB college-prep). Online Senior Division students also have the opportunity to participate in annual international summer tours and national concerts at premier venues such as Carnegie Hall. Additionally, in 2022 the NCC will launch its highly anticipated Opera Camp in Vail, Colorado.
Courses in the Online Conservatory Include:
- Ensemble Training (Virtual Choir Videos)
- Individualized Coachings with Conductors
- Musicianship & Kodály Method
- Voice Class
- Advanced Ear Training
- Advanced Sight Singing
- Masterclass Series
Candidates for the Senior Division:
- Age 10 years or older
- Some to significant choral, musical, solo or vocal performance experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
- Solo Piece—a song of the applicant's choosing that best shows the student's vocal and expressive capability. The piece must be sung a cappella, however a starting pitch may be requested. Suggested pieces include "Caro Mio Ben" or "The Star-Spangled Banner".