Our directors will deliver a live-stream presentation via Zoom on Sunday, May 5th to all registered applicants (a recording from the session will be available to watch if you are unable to tune in live), introducing students and parents to the educational programs of the National Children’s Chorus. Following the video presentation, applicants will then select an appointment time that can be scheduled during the following weeks to meet with one of our conductors for a private video audition via Zoom. Following the audition, we will schedule a final parent phone call with a member of our team to go through details of the program and membership, answering any remaining questions you might have for entry into the program beginning September 2024!
In the Junior Division, students ages 5-12 with beginning or intermediate musical experience build their skills and gain confidence in encouraging and creative rehearsal environments and virtual performances. Specialized online courses are taught by the country’s leading music educators in individualized small groups. The Junior Division of the National Children’s Chorus consists of the Prelude Level, Minuet Level, Sonata Level, and Concerto Level.
Courses in the Online Conservatory Include:
- Ensemble Training (Virtual Choir Videos)
- Individualized Coachings with Conductors
- Musicianship & Kodály Method
- Vocal Workshop
- Masterclass Series
Candidates for the Junior Division:
- Between the ages of 5 and 12
- No choral/musical experience to some choral/musical experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)