In the Junior Division, students ages 5-12 with beginning or intermediate musical experience build their skills and gain confidence in encouraging and creative rehearsal environments and performances.
The Junior Division of the National Children’s Chorus consists of the Prelude Level, the Minuet Level, the Sonata Level, and the Concerto Level. The Junior Division performs in two showcase concerts each year at The Church of St. Paul the Apostle and the First Presbyterian Church in New York.
Candidates for the Junior Division will be described by the following characteristics:
- Between the ages of 5 and 12
- No choral/musical experience to some choral/musical experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
- Question and answer session (to evaluate attitude, personality, manners and behavior)