On Sunday, August 16th at 5:00 PM, our directors will deliver a live-stream presentation via Zoom, introducing students and parents to the outstanding educational programs of the National Children’s Chorus. All applicants will then sign up for a private video audition with one of our conductors on August 16th, 17th or 18th. Instructions will be e-mailed to all applicants following registration to set up your individual audition appointment.
In the Senior Division, students ages 10-17 with prior musical experience refine their skills to a superlative standard and perform in their own state-of-the-art concert series at various venues around the United States and internationally. During the current pandemic, students will participate in an exciting array of virtual performances, presenting world premieres and collaborating with an exceptional roster of professional artists from around the world. The Senior Division of the National Children’s Chorus consists of the Debut Ensemble, Premier Ensemble, and Scholars (SATB college-prep). Past performance venues have included Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Kennedy Center, Walt Disney Concert Hall, and more. The Senior Division also performs in an international tour each summer.
Candidates for the Senior Division:
- Age 10 years or older
- Some to significant choral, musical, solo or vocal performance experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
- Solo Piece—a song of the applicant's choosing that best shows the student's vocal and expressive capability. The piece must be sung a cappella, however a starting pitch may be requested. Suggested pieces include "Caro Mio Ben" or "The Star-Spangled Banner".