Our directors will deliver a live-stream presentation via Zoom on Sunday, May 21st (if this date has passed, a recording from the session will be available to watch), introducing students and parents to the educational programs of the National Children’s Chorus. Following the video presentation, applicants will then select an appointment time to meet with one of our conductors for a private video audition via Zoom for entry into the program beginning September 2023. Instructions will be e-mailed to all applicants following registration to set up your individual audition appointment.
In the Senior Division, students ages 10-17 with prior musical experience refine their skills to a superlative standard and perform in their own concert series at various venues locally, around the United States, and internationally. Students will participate in an exciting array of performances, presenting world premieres and collaborating with an exceptional roster of professional artists with in-person and virtual training in Back Bay on Sundays. The Senior Division also travels abroad in an international tour each summer, and in 2022 launched its highly anticipated Opera Camp in Vail, Colorado.
Candidates for the Senior Division:
- Age 10-17
- Some to significant choral, musical, solo or vocal performance experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
- Solo Piece—a song of the applicant's choosing that best shows the student's vocal and expressive capability. The piece must be sung a cappella, however a starting pitch may be requested. Suggested pieces include "Caro Mio Ben" or "The Star-Spangled Banner".