In the Junior Division, students with beginning or intermediate musical experience build their skills and gain confidence in encouraging and creative rehearsal environments and performances.
The Junior Division of the National Children’s Chorus consists of the Prelude and Minuet Levels. The Junior Division performs in two showcase concerts each year in San Francisco.
Candidates for the Junior Division will be described by the following characteristics:
- Between the ages of 5 and 9
- No choral/musical experience to some choral/musical experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
- Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
- Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
- Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
- Question and answer session (to evaluate attitude, personality, manners and behavior)