The New York Senior Division of the National Children's Chorus consists of the Debut Ensemble and the Premier Ensemble. In the Senior Division, students with prior musical experience refine their skills to the highest professional standards and perform in their own concert series at The Church of St. Paul the Apostle at Columbus Circle.
Candidates for the Senior Division will be described by the following characteristics:
• Age 10 years or older
• Significant choral, musical, solo or vocal performance experience
The audition will consist of the following elements:
• Scales (to evaluate the tone quality of the voice)
• Rhythmic exercises (to evaluate rhythmic precision)
• Pitch matching (to evaluate intonation)
• Question and answer session (to evaluate attitude, personality, manners and behavior)
• Solo Piece – a song of the applicant’s choosing that best shows the student’s vocal and expressive capability. The piece may be a cappella or with piano accompaniment. If accompanied, please bring music in the correct performance.